What is the difference between CBD and THC?
You may have been worried to try cannabis products before now – whether it be because of how they may make you feel, or the legality of use. Let’s break it down for you:
CBD (Cannabidiol) and THC (Tetrahydrocannabinol) are two of the most well-known compounds found in the cannabis plant. The main difference between the two is that THC is the compound responsible for the “high” associated with marijuana use, while CBD is not psychoactive and does not produce any mind-altering effects. THC interacts with the brain’s endocannabinoid system to produce its effects, while CBD has been found to have a variety of potential therapeutic uses, such as reducing anxiety, inflammation, and pain. It is important to note that CBD is legal in South Africa, and all Tubbys’ products strictly adhere to the legal daily dose.
What is the difference between all the different types of CBD on the market?
You’ll often hear of “isolate”, or “broad-spectrum”, or “full-spectrum”, but what does this all actually mean?
- Contains only CBD and no other cannabinoids or plant compounds.
- It is the purest form of CBD available on the market.
- It is usually tasteless and odourless.
- It may be less effective than full-spectrum CBD because it does not contain other beneficial cannabinoids and plant compounds.
- It may be a good choice for people who want to avoid THC or other cannabinoids.
- Contains several cannabinoids and plant compounds, except THC.
- It may offer many of the benefits of full-spectrum CBD without the risk of THC.
- It may be a good choice for people who want the benefits of multiple cannabinoids and plant compounds without the psychoactive effects of THC.
- It may be less effective than full-spectrum CBD because it does not contain THC.
- The entourage effect may still occur, but to a lesser extent than with full-spectrum CBD.
- Contains all the cannabinoids and plant compounds found in the cannabis plant, including THC (in small amounts).
- It may offer the most therapeutic benefits due to the entourage effect, where the different cannabinoids and plant compounds work together synergistically.
- It may have a stronger, more natural taste and smell than other CBD products.
- It may not be legal in all states, as THC is still illegal under federal law.
- It may not be suitable for people who are drug tested or who want to avoid THC.
Tubby’s Kitchen products contain broad-spectrum CBD, which is why you may find that our products are a little more expensive than those of our competitors. This is because we use the raw flower head in our secret recipes, to give you a more holistic and wholesome CBD experience, which is ultimately healthier for you, and better for the environment.